So since I don't have local family members on the Saturday after Thanksgiving I setup to host up to 15 friends for a feast. Also since I have no choice on being Gluten Free, my entire meal is gluten free and cows milk dairy free. But anything but taste free.
My Turkey is never frozen and from a local farmer (Walk Ahead Farms) every year.
This year bread and desserts are from JP's Pastry, a local certified GF baker in the Raleigh area. I am using his dinner rolls and a pumpkin cheesecake.
The rest of the meal designed to serve 10-12 is as follows.
This year I mixed a new spice blend from Tadiciones Andines that mixes Yellow Hot Pepper and Black Mint (Salsa de Aji Amirillo con Huacatay) with butter and massaged this mix under the skin as well as on the skin. Added 4-6 cups water to tray.
Cook first 2 hours at 325 Covered. Baste with liquid. Cook for next 2 hours 350 covered. Basting along the way every 30 minutes. Cook for another hour uncovered in order to brown the skin at 350.
Turkey should be moist and cooked through at end of this process.
Appetizers and Sauces:
Eggs de Diablo (Deviled Eggs):
- Boil 2 dozen eggs
- Half the eggs
- Reserve the cooked yolks
- To make the Yolks added back to the halved eggs:
- Mash the Yolks with Chipolte goat cream cheese (from a local farmer Prodigal farms)
- 1 bag of cranberries never frozen
- minced Lime, Orange, and Lemon peel
- Cook for 30 minutes at boil.
- Immersion blend the mixture
- Add in Coconut sugar
- Cook for 1 hour at extreme low to ensure complete blending of sugar.
Peruvian Corn (Choclo) salad:
- Peruvian Corn (Choclo) boiled 20 minutes with sugar
- Greek Feta Sheeps Milk Cheese cubed small
- Parsley diced small
- Red Onion diced small
- Toss with a Dressing made of a mix of:
- Avocado Oil.
- Pepper if taste indicates required.
- 8 baked potatoes (Cut small and boil 30 minutes and drained)
- Mash potatoes with Aji Amirillo and garlic
- Boil the Chicken and then mince the chicken by hand. Mix with an herbed goat cream cheese (from a local farmer Prodigal farms) mixed with 1/2 cup warm chicken stock.
- To assemble:
- Lay a 1/2 inch thick layer of the potatoes
- Cover with the Chicken mix
- Lay another 1/2 inch thick layer of potatoes.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight and serve.
- 1 head cauliflower riced
- Dry roast the riced cauliflower for 3 minutes on stove.
- Cool cauliflower before adding to salad
- 1/2 small red cabbage head minced small
- 1/2 red onion minced small
- 1/2 bag of shredded carrots (or 6 large carrots shredded)
- Toss with a Dressing made of Aji Amirillo, mustard, and Avacado oil.
- 3 bags of Brussel Sprouts halved and cleaned
- 6 slices of bacon chopped finely.
- Cook the bacon with Salt and Pepper at low medium to ensure the most fat rendered for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the brussel sprouts once bacon starts turning brown and up the heat to high
- Cook for 3-5 minutes at high to give the brussel sprouts a nice sear.
- Add in maple syrup and lower the heat back to medium for 2-3 minutes.