Rocoto, coriander and basil paste encrusted chicken thighs with maple syrup and telichery black pepper roasted Brussel sprouts.
Aji rocoto, basil paste and coriander paste are all available at most Latin food stores.
- 1/2 tablespoon each basil and coriander paste
- 2 tablespoons aji rocoto
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- Whole chicken thighs with skin and bones
- Bag of Brussel sprouts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Tellicherry black pepper salt (see salt page)
- Mix the basil and coriander paste, aji rocoto paste, and coconut milk together
- Marinate the chicken thighs in the resulting paste for an hour.
- Cook thighs in oven for 1 hour at 400.
- While chicken cooking:
- Clean Brussel sprouts and half them.
- With roughly 15 minutes left on the chicken:
- Heat up 1 tablespoon coconut oil in pan and drop in Brussel sprouts.
- Sprinkle lightly with tellicherry black pepper salt to taste
- Cook 5 minutes
- add in two tablespoons pure maple syrup
- cook on high for 2 minutes. Continuously stirring.
- The Brussel sprouts should soak the syrup up completely.