10 minutes active cook and prep time 40 minutes of waiting for rice to be cooked. Serves 2
- 1/2 cup Lundberg jubilee GF rice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 leek
- 10 Brussel sprouts
- 2 tilapia
- Almond meal
- Favorite fish seasoning ( I like something called cloud peak I get from savory spice shop. Old bay also won't go wrong. )
- Mix rice, water and butter and bring to boil.
- Following package direction reduce heat to low and cook 40 minutes.
- Let stand 10 additional.
- While rice is cooking:
- Finely chop leek and brussel sprouts into thin ribbons.
- In a bag mix almond meal and seasoning. Place fish in bag and shake until coated.
- While rice is standing:
- Place the leek and Brussel sprouts in hot pan with oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook about 5 minutes at low med heat until browning/caramelization starts.
- Mix in rice and cook 1 additional minute while mixing well.
- Place coated fish in hot pan after rice is done and cooling with favorite cooking oil (I use Coconut oil) and brown about 3 minutes per side.