This is a quick side dish of German noodles called spaetzle. Spaetzle are German noodles that have an easy recipe.
Took 20 minutes total from when I started making the mix to serve to table.
- Roughly 1/2 cup ap flour GF
- 1 med egg
- enough water to get the mix to pancake flour consistency.
- Beat egg for a min.
- Add the flour and mix.
- Keep adding water in small amounts until pancake consistency reached.
- Set aside for a moment.
- Get a large pot boiling water with plenty of salt in it.
- Using a potato ricer, med size strainer, or spaetzle press press out the mix into the roiling boil water.
- Cook for 1-2 min until they start to float.
- Using slotted spoon or fryer skimmer take out the noodles
- place immediately in hot pan with either 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- Cook 1-2 more minutes cook time at high.
- I Love bacon and putting those noodles in hot bacon grease, obviously this is not for vegetarians.
- various veggies like mushrooms, leaks, red cabbage, Caramelized onions, shredded Brussel sprouts are options.
- Cook the veggies or bacon first and put noodles with them for those last couple minutes.
- Substitutions here are endless.
- Changing the flavor of the noodles themselves: Spinach and veggie juices for water for flavor and color. Almond milk is also a sub for water